Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Birthday Bling Gift Holder Card

I'm trying a few more ideas with Hero Arts' new A Little set and this time decided to make a little pocket to hold a little blingy gift on the front of a birthday card.

Birthday Bling Gift Holder

Stamps (Hero Arts) - A Little, It's Your Day & Leopard Print


I started by clear embossing the Leopard Print background on a die cut panel of hot pink card. I added this to a die cut card base and then went on to make the little pocket. As this time I didn't want to use the full sentiment on the main A Little image, I covered the words I didn't want to use with post its before inking up the image with VersaMark. Then I removed the post its and white embossed the panel adding the sentiments I wanted to use for this particular card. After embossing the "a little" banner on pink card, I cut it out and adhered it to the panel using foam pads. To finish the panel I just added a few clear rhinestones.

Birthday Bling Gift Holder Card

I wanted to have enough space in the little pocket for a necklace so I put three layers of foam strips around the two edges and at the bottom of the panel. Then it was time to add the necklace and to ensure it was covered and held in place added some tissue paper.

I'm submitting this card into the Die Cut Divas Girls Night Out Challenge and the current Hero Arts Challenge (Anything Goes Birthday Card).

18 comments:

Cindy C. said...

It's fabulous Heather! Love all that pinks!!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a clever idea Heather, Love your design!!

Arlene said...

Loved the way you changed up the stamp set. Just another way to use your stamps to the fullest.

Dawn T said...

what a great idea Heather. thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Divas. A perfect project!

Trinh said...

This is fabulous, Heather! I love the embossed background and how you altered the sentiment.

Unknown said...

Love it! So glad you play along with the DCD.

Unknown said...

The card is beyond adorable, and when I realized it actually had a pocket for the bling I was blown away.

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Nancy said...

This is such a clever and adorable idea, Heather. Makes for a perfect gift! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog too!
XOXO
Nancy

joy said...

Hi, Heather! This is such a fun way to give some jewelry as a gift. I love the tone on tone leopard print, too. Great card!

craftytreen said...

I love this idea and this card. I also make jewelry and this is such a gorgeous way to make a way to make it even more special. my mind is going crazy, trying to think of other ways to do this. thanks so much for sharing this with us! its so so pretty

Sarah G said...

Love the black and hot pink of your gift card holder, Heather! Love the leopard print :) Congrats on your Hero Arts win - well deserved!

Barb said...

Woo, hoo!!! Way to go, Heather! Congrats on your Hero Arts win! Awesome card - so happy for you!

Lin said...

Whoo-Hoo, Heather - big congrats on your HA win this morning! You have done some wonderful things with this stamp - such a well-deserved win!

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME work, Heather! Congrats on the well-deserved HA win!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Heather congratulations on your HA win. Have fun spending your prize!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved win at Hero Arts, Heather! This is such a fabulous card...loving all the pink and bling, too!

Laura Norris said...

What a great card Heather!! Congrats on a great win at HA. Well deserved too - love that fun pocket and all that pink!

Martha said...

Congratulations, Heather, on your Hero Arts win, with this BEAUTIFUL card! The pink/black/white combination is SO striking!

I always love the elegant-look of a clear-embossed background on solid-colored paper. AND, what a clever design...that includes a pocket! Well done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails